In its 60th year, the QFA is embedded in the Anglophone agricultural and rural community of Quebec. We have close connections with many regional, provincial and national organizations including the French-speaking farming union – Union des producteurs agricoles (UPA) family and related producer groups, La Financiere agricole, Reseau Agriconseils, Agricarrieres, Quebec Community Groups Network (QCGN), the Canadian Federation of Agriculture (CFA) and Quebec 4-H, as well as education and research institutions such as Macdonald Campus of McGill University. We offer a conduit through which partners and stakeholders on both ends of Canada’s language spectrum can operate.
Quebec Farmers’ Association defends the rights of, provides information to, and advocates for the English-speaking agricultural community in Quebec.
The QFA’s actions contribute to a sustainable future for both agriculture and the environment while providing a decent quality of life and financial return for the individuals and their families who have made agriculture and food production their chosen professions.
Members of the QFA believe in:
- Maintaining family-owned and -operated farms
- Food sovereignty and self-determination by individuals and nations
- Intergenerational involvement
- Lifelong learning
- Protection of the physical environment
- Preserving land for agricultural production
- Minimum government interference
- Working alone and in partnership with others
QFA’s Bylaws can be viewed by clicking on the link below: